Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Legalizing Hunting on Sunday in Pennsylvania

Ive been hunting since I was 5 and its my favorite thing in the world to do. The fact that in the state I live in (Pennsylvania) there is a law that forbides me to hunt on Sunday is rediculous. For every 100 hunters lost only 60 more are taking their place. I work full time mon-fri leaving me with saturday being my only full day to hunt since the legal hunting hours are sunrise to sunset. I plan on raising my children to become avid hunters and that leaves me one day out of the week to take them with me, but if i had sundays it not only would give me quality time with my child but also give them more time to come out with their dad and get involved. New Jersey just allowed bowhunting on sundays and I think Pennsylvania should follow in their place being that Pennsylvania is one of the biggest states of hunting residents in our country. Feel free to comment on what you think should or should not be done about this. You can also check out this link to learn more about it.

http://forum.pafoa.org/hunting-23/16308-sunday-hunting-article.html

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you hunting should be legal on sundays when more people have the day off of work the population of deer need to remain in check

    ReplyDelete